Worked on a team to fulfill prescription orders from start to finish with an in-depth understanding of each workstation to ensure compliance with federal/state laws(HIPAA), regulations (OSHA). Updated patient records and inventory, process invoices, and makes accounting entries using the pharmacy system.
- Assisted pharmacists in scheduling and maintaining workflow as well as in measuring, mixing, preparing, and labeling medications.
- Minimized prescription errors by effectively and promptly communicating with pharmacists while adhering to the company’s quality standards, policies, and procedures.
- Accountable for registering all related sales on the assigned cash register, collections, and handled cash.
- Processed (corrects and resubmits) manual claims for third-party program prescription services.
- Supported Pharmacy Department on inventory management such as ordering, unpacking, checking, and storing shipment of pharmaceuticals.
- Maintained knowledge of Company asset protection techniques, and files claims for warehouse coverages, shortages, order errors/ damaged goods involving Rx drugs.
- Assisted pharmacists in administering clinical services including the collection and proper labeling of blood/urine samples from patients.
- Cultivated good relationships with the local medical community, including physicians, nurses, and other health care providers, by medical provider detailing and outreach to health groups, retirement homes, nursing homes, and other forums for enhancing growth opportunities.
- Trained new pharmacy technicians in the operation of pharmacy systems and cashiers in the operation of the pharmacy cash registers.