Assessed potential risks using statistics, financial theories, and mathematics. Estimated probabilities of the success of certain business decisions, projecting costs of potential natural disasters, deaths, or sicknesses of company employees, and designing insurance policies/ business strategies to reduce a company’s financial risks. Identified and analyzed key drivers of loss and reserves.
- Prepared Actuarial models for compliance with emerging standards, including the FASB’s Targeted Improvements for Long-Duration Contracts (LDTI).
- Developed and maintained all AXIS valuation models while overseeing the analysis and development of future model improvements/analytic capabilities.
- Managed robust control framework and performs model testing and documentation.
- Participated in external and internal audits.
- Mentored and guided team members in the use and development of models and tools.
- Assisted in quarterly and annual STAT/GAAP/TAX reserve reporting and analytics.
- Provided data for profitability studies, pricing, and reserving.
- Created business solutions that incorporated statistical models and computational data analysis by utilizing Generalized Linear Modeling, Principal Components Analysis, Clustering and Classification models, Multivariate regression, and Decisions Trees.