Develop an interest in each student's creative expression in visual terms by utilizing skills and techniques of artistic expression consistent with school guidelines; cultivate aesthetic understandings and appreciations to discover and create talents of students in the field of art. Demonstrated experience of art using acrylic paints including dry brushing, staining, layering, underpainting, monoprinting.
- Teach knowledge and skills in art, including drawing, painting, lettering, and art history
- Instruct students to develop aesthetic concepts and appreciations and the ability to make qualitative judgments about art
- Provide individual and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students with varying intellectual and artistic abilities, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities.
- Organize storage areas and control the use of materials, equipment, and tools to prevent loss or abuse, and to minimize the time required for distribution and collection.
- Evaluate each student’s performance and growth in knowledge and aesthetic understandings and prepare progress reports.
- Maintain required inventory records by selecting books, instructional materials, tools, instructional, and aids.
- Plan and present art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit students’ work for the school and the community.
- Communicate with parents and school counselors on pupil progress.
- Participate in curriculum and developmental programs, such as after-school art club.