Plan lessons and develop curricula by reading and understanding prescribed texts. Offer academic support to students ensuring a safe learning environment. Collaborate with other English department staff to create lesson plans, teaching strategies, and interventions.
- Grade tests, pop quizzes, assignments, exams, while effectively communicating with parents, teachers, and counselors regarding underperforming.
- Continually assess student needs and provide ongoing support to struggling students as well as exceptional achievers.
- Help students learn, analyze, interpret, and dissect written material to compare, contrast, and discuss elements, like the theme, characters, and plot.
- Created yearly coursework including the selection of teaching materials; rapidly developed and adjusted lesson plans to meet unforeseen classroom situations.
- Implemented technological approaches to subject material; researched educational resources on the Internet.
- Fostered a positive community, and prepared students for local, state, and national competitions.