Performed point-of-care testing including UA, UPT, EKG, blood sugar, and visual acuity; prepared for and documented all tests/procedures performed by attending physicians. Reviewed patient charts for medical orders at the start, middle, and end of each shift. Followed medical doctor orders; assessed patients and administered medications and injections.
- Assisted medical providers with laceration procedures, set-up pelvic exams for women, and applied temporary ortho glass splints as ordered.
- Monitored intake and outputs from catheters, Jackson Prat drainage, and chest tubes.
- Performed dressing changes, assessed wounds, and provided patient diabetic education.
- Facilitated wound care, respiratory, and visual acuity treatments; reported critical laboratory reports to MD.
- Performed intake and output recording and insulin administration; assisted with ambulation and recorded all patient changes.