Provided direct care for up to 3 ICU or 4 Post-op Cardiac Care patients, utilizing the good nursing process, positive attitude, and analytical thinking to manage acute or critically ill patients in the facility with 44-bed ICU, 12-bed Cardiovascular Unit, and 8-bed Cardiac ICU. Selected to train 30 staff members on new equipment.
- Educated patients and their families regarding the plan of care, treatments, and discharge planning. Perform nursing assessment, collect vital signs, monitor patient status, and provide pain management.
- Performed CPR/resuscitation to patients in cardiac/respiratory failure as a member of the hospital Code Team.
- Trained and performed orientation for new staff members, RNs, and nursing students.
- Facilitated Regional Hospital becoming the first hospital in the nation to receive the demanding JCAHO Sepsis accreditation.
- Gained broad specialization serving children and adults in post-operative care, indigent family practice, acute care, and patient rehabilitation facilities.