Oversaw nursing care during the procedure and ensure the operating room remain sterile. Liaised between patients, families, and medical team. Provided surgical patients with perioperative care in recovery, procedure, and operating rooms.
- Monitored patients as they come out of anesthesia and watching for signs of infection or excessive bleeding.
- Offered pain management and helped patients stay comfortable
- Communicated with patients and their families about the effects of the surgery and explaining the next steps for post-op care.
- Stocked operating rooms with sterile surgical equipment, linens, and supplies.
- Developed and implemented nursing care plans for surgical patients.
- Updated patient files and medical records.
- Maintained safe storage of surgical equipment and supplies.