Provided advanced emergency medical care for critical and emergent patients who accessed the medical system. Performed intervention with the basic and advanced equipment available on an ambulance.
- Administered life support, first-aid treatment, and other forms of prehospital emergency care to people who are injured or sick.
- Operated equipment such as bag valve mask resuscitators, external defibrillators, and electrocardiograms for advanced life support applications.
- Assessed patients’ injury severity and the type and quickly begin appropriate medical procedures.
- Drove mobile intensive care unit to a predetermined location under the instructions of the emergency medical dispatcher.
- Recorded and discussed patient injuries and condition with the physician, including any treatments provided and reactions to treatments or drugs.
- Decontaminated ambulance after transporting or treating any patient with infectious disease. Report infectious disease with relevant authorities.
- Administered drugs as appropriate and necessary via injection, intravenous procedures, or oral administration under the direction of a physician.
- Communicated and coordinated with dispatchers, fire department personnel, police, and other emergency medical team members as needed to ensure that all applicable personnel is prepared to receive the patient and ensure proper treatment.