Diagnosed patient condition based on medical protocols to provide basic life support including cardiopulmonary resuscitation, administering oxygen, controlling bleeding, applying bandages, application of splints, as well as obtaining vital signs.
- Responded to instructions from emergency medical dispatcher, drives the specially equipped emergency vehicle to the specified location, and is proficient in mapping and navigational skills.
- Provided ALS logistical support for paramedic partners with patients requiring higher levels of care.
- Wrote complete and accurate Epic report documentation for each patient.
- Delivered medical, traumatic, and therapeutic communication.
- Assisted paramedic partner with emergency scene management coordinating with other emergency services as well as communicating with patients and their families.