Monitored and recorded stay-at-home patient conditions by providing support, personal services, and teaching patients and their families. Supported patients by offering housekeeping services, shopping for food and other household requirements, preparing and serving meals and snacks, and running errands.
- Assisted patient in bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Advised patients by teaching the use of a cane or walker, special techniques, and equipment for personal hygiene.
- Helped family members care for the patient by teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient.
- Educated patients on nutrition, cleanliness, and housekeeping.
- Recorded patient information by making entries in the patient journal and notifying the nursing supervisor of changing or unusual conditions.
- Maintained a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following asepsis standards and procedures, maintaining security precautions, and following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards.
- Protected the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhanced service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value.