Performed a full range of laboratory tests while developing and maintaining department quality assurance. Established effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, hospital staff, and the public. Tested specimens and reported critical laboratory results.
- Analyzed samples and reviewed findings for the integrity and accuracy of collection.
- Helped Nurses determine correct tests; acted as a resource regarding testing requirements and ordering.
- Monitored pending work logs and completed quality control documentation.
- Collaborated with Supervisor regarding procedures, protocols, and challenges; provided valuable input and solutions.
- Spearheaded a Turnaround Time Study involving process improvement with the Lab and Emergency Department.
- Regarded as a generalist in hematology, blood bank, coagulation, urinalysis, and serology.