Managed a $25 million credit portfolio. Collaborated with clients to acquire necessary collateral, cultivate strong relationships, and maximize additional credit opportunities. Administered credit policies have proven to minimize losses and grow sales. Established credit lines, controlled bad debt levels across the portfolio, and mitigated risk with proprietary finance alternatives. Proactively addressed necessary credit resolutions.
- Created a credit risk management environment of acceptable quality, in terms of established credit guidelines; developed sound, acceptable credit policies.
- Managed account receivables and all related functions; renegotiated account receivable balances, streamlined processes, and improved client retention rates.
- Investigated and verified financial status and reputation of prospective customers applying for credit; reviewed credit references and Dunn and Bradstreet data to determine applicant suitability.
- Evaluated and provided analysis, conclusion, and recommendations to determine credit line amounts; communicated information to customers and team members.
- Reviewed and adjusted credit lines regularly; revoked lines of credit upon receipt of external information pertinent to the financial strength of account.
- Identified problem accounts and negotiated payment programs with delinquent customers.
- Improved the department's Daily Sales Outstanding (DSO) collections rate by (40%), in less than one year.
- Reduced bad debt by (90%), within five years.
- Consistently reduced net bad and account receivable aging quota to less than .25% of yearly sales.