Assisted doctors with prep patients for surgery and minor procedures, and proactively set up any equipment/tools to be used for a patient as well as collect laboratory samples in accordance with the state's Veterinary Practice Act. Documented any changes in a pet’s condition and vital signs in medical records. Communicated with a doctor of any unusual medical or behavioral problems.
- Supported veterinarians to ensure quality veterinary care, advocate for pets, and educated clients.
- Helped veterinarians and the medical team to maximize productivity and maintain positive patient flow.
- Communicated with clients about individualized pet health concerns and offer guidance on Hospitals Wellness Plan options, medications, and additional treatments.
- Maintained relevant, comprehensive medical records with the support of practice systems, including hospitals database, PetWare, designed to obtain data for population research.
- Obtained relevant health history and information from clients and maintain medical charts.
- Utilized safe restraining techniques, follow standard protocols, and sustain clean, sterile, organized treatment areas, exam rooms, and labs.