Managed 5 surgical patients, ensuring all clinic staff members are adhering to proper pre-and post-operative care of patients. Educated participants with all aspects of patient care and efficient/safe clinic practices. Work to prevent disease in animals and the spread of disease.
- Examined animals pre-operatively to determine their ability to withstand surgery.
- Inoculated animals and provide recommendations for follow-up care.
- Supervised post-operative rechecks and order of medical treatments to ensure complete surgical recovery.
- Obtained individual patient issues and provided appropriate solutions.
- Articulated with Medical Director, to keep management apprised of all out of the ordinary situations.
- Promoted the health and welfare of animals through client education and preventative medicine.
- Handled and administered drugs accurately and following professional and health and safety guidelines. Dispose of any waste involved competently and swiftly and record all drugs administered to patients.
- Provided suitable paperwork for animals traveling abroad, as well as inserting identification microchips.
- Supported the Practice in its endeavors to improve and increase business through marketing, education, and self-improvement.