Guided accounts payable department of 6 including 4 offshore team members, to complete targeted AR/AP tasks such as general ledger maintenance, accruals, rate analysis, monthly financial accounts, invoices, account reconciliation, P&L statements, and financial reports. Manage freight accrual planning with a budget of $1M monthly. Streamlined Account Payable process by reducing accruals; migrated construction and industrial division’s freight data into the White Cap corporate database.
- Improved invoice volume by 20% by building and motivating a high-performing invoice processing team; trained an additional offshore team to monitor communication for non-EDI invoices and payment inquiries.
- Reconciled $300k in freight audit for the FY-2019 by streamlining freight auditing processes and partnering with key EDI accounts; implemented a key parcel audit program to reduce shipping costs.
- Spearheaded processes for effective workflow by establishing Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) invoice processing which processes 1,000 EDI invoices per week; facilitated training and outsourced the process to the offshore team.
- Overhauled freight GL code and facilitated software integration by collaborating with Accounting and Finance departments while complying with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and company policies.
- Oversaw $55M in audit accounts; manage 200K annual payable transactions and 250K 3rd party freight career accounts; initiated 5-day Service Level Agreement (SLA) for FedEx Freight (FXNE & FXNL).
- Supported technology improvements as SME to reduce freight cost by $3M; optimized transportation network by transferring Mercury Gate TMS data to Oracle Transportation Management (OTM) software.